Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mirrors...

My prayer:

Amazing God of truth. throughout my life, I have begun to realize that the people who I have the hardest time dealing with are often A LOT like me. 

God, I really struggled with someone today, not for the first time, and I know that the things that make me crazy in her are present in me too. And that makes me more angry! It should give me grace and mercy when dealing with her. Instead it makes me want to "fix" her. You know how you say we should remove the plank from our own eye before we try to remove the speck from someone else? Well call me Ms. Plank.

God I pray for your help in removing the plank from my eye. Help me to be less controlling, less overbearing, less of a know it all. These are not attractive qualities and they are not things that show people your love. Help me God to be more accepting, more supportive and more open to others ideas of how to do things. 

Through this all God, please give me the grace and mercy to relate to people who share this struggle with me.

Thank you Jesus!

What God Said Tonight:

Sometimes I give you people in your life to be mirrors to you. They are there to help you see what you need to change. How can you know what needs to change if you can't see it? 

You are right to recognize that your irritation and anger is merely a symptom of recognizing your faults in the mirror. I have heard your prayer for help and of course I will help you. 

You are to focus on the replacement virtues. I will concentrate on removing the old. The old ways are death and the new ways are life. You have chosen life and I have come to give it to you. I will flood you with the grace and mercy you desire because you want it for others and because it is yours as a result of being mine. 

Don't ever miss an opportunity to get closer to me.Every step is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment