Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting what you want...

My prayer:

Hi God! I have spent a lot of today thinking about what you said this morning on my way to work. You said, don't ask for something if you don't want it. That seems like such an obvious thing but the more I think about it, how many times have I asked you for something whether it was something tangible or something spiritual or whatever, and then when you bring it to me, I don't really appreciate it? More times than I want to admit, I know that. 

We were talking about it tonight in group, I need to be more mindful of what I ask you for. Thank you for the insight and for continuing to talk with me every day. A day without your voice is pretty unthinkable. I don't ever want to be without you God. Love you SO MUCH!

What God Said Tonight:

I don't know if it is always a mindfulness issue but sometimes it is a gratefulness issue. You long for something for so long thinking if you could only have that one thing, everything would be perfect. But, no one thing, other than me in your  life, has the power to make everything else right. So, when you get the thing you want and your life is not suddenly perfect, you become complacent and unappreciative. 

I am the one thing that truly satisfies. I am the one thing that is greater once I am in your life than I was when you were longing to be close to me. I am the one thing that only gets better and bigger with time. Long for me and be satisfied in all things. I love you my daughter. Rest well.

No comments:

Post a Comment