Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bad choices...

My prayer:
Father God. Why do I still make decisions that I know are not good for me? How is it, after all this time, after all that you have taught me, I can have a good choice and a bad choice in front of me and I choose the bad choice? I get SO frustrated with myself. As soon as I make the wrong choice, I know immediately what I have done. 


God, help me to make better choices. Clearly, just teaching me what is the best choice is not enough. You have done that already in so many cases and yet I still, sometimes, make the wrong choice...knowing it is wrong. Ugh! I wish I was a better person for you God. I wish that I didn't mess up so much. 


I am grateful that you love me anyway. I am grateful for your forgiveness, mercy, and the many chances you give me to get it right.


What God Said Tonight:
Choices are the rudder in your life. Your choices determine where you go and where you don't go. As long as you always choose me, I can work with your other choices. 


I can use the poor choices to teach you and those around you. I can use the bad choices to strengthen your faith. I can use the bad choices to draw you closer to me. It is in those times when you have made a bad choice, that you are most likely to come running to me. 


I rejoice every time you make a good choice. I celebrate every time you take what you have learned and apply it correctly to the current situation. Like any proud poppa, I love to see you make right choices. 


But what I want you to hear tonight is that the only choice that really matters is that you choose me. I can work with anything else. 


I love you daughter. Your training is not over. You will continue to grow and improve but I love you just the way you are. I love you with all of your flaws. I love you for who you are going to be. I love you because you are mine. Rest awhile, you will have another shot at it all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment