Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shared experiences...

My prayer:
Awesome God. I have been thinking about the paths that I did not take in my life. For some reason, I have really been thinking about "what if" a lot lately. I have always said that I don't have any regrets in life because everything that happened and every choice I made led me to right here and this is pretty awesome. That remains true. But, what if I got married when I was 18 like I thought I wanted to? What if I had a bunch of kids? What if decided to take off and roam the world? What if I decided to live for you sooner than I did? What would those lives have been like?


God, sometimes this life seems really long. Then other times, it seems like there just hasn't been enough time to do all of the things I want to do. And, then, there are some decisions that you can't have it both ways. You tell us that it is given to us one life to live. I kind of wish I got to have more than one. 


But then I think, that would just delay me getting to be with you in heaven or on the new earth and anything that delays that is not a good thing.


Maybe that is part of why it is so important to have other people in my life? That way, I get to live some of their experiences vicariously. It is not quite the same as living it out myself, but if pay close attention and ask a lot of questions, it might be good enough. Huh, I never thought about it that way but really, having friends, especially friends that are different than I am, broadens what I get to experience in life. Cool.


Thanks for that insight God. I love you and can't wait to here what else you want to teach me or talk to me about tonight.


What God Said Tonight:
Reincarnation is a seductive idea. The thought that if you get things wrong in this life, you can make them right in the next. But, it just doesn't work that way. When you get things wrong in this life there area consequences. There are some that I can protect you from if you are with me and have asked me to be Lord of your life. There are others that are rough but that I can use to have you help other people through your experience. 


Shared experiences are vital. You can't never know everything you need to know on your own. One of the things that I approve of with the internet is that it allows people to share experiences that otherwise may have never met. Connect with everyone I put in your life. There is value in every person and in every experience they have. The more you understand people and the things they have gone through, the better you will be able to lead your life and help the people around you. If you isolate and if the only experience you have is your experience, you are extremely limited and become ignorant of all that you could know and understand. 


Wisdom is a very fine thing and it comes from experience. Your experience and the experience of others.  I love you daughter and I am proud of you. Keep stretching and doing and being who I have created you to be and the blessings will overwhelm you.

1 comment:

  1. Hebrews 11:39-40 Not one of these people, even though their lives of faith were exemplary, got their hands on what was promised. God had a better plan for us: that their faith and our faith would come together to make one completed whole, their lives of faith not complete apart from ours.

    ReplyDelete