Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Guilt...

My prayer:
Awesome God. I am feeling guilty tonight. I am feeling a bit worthless. I am feeling like I did not really do anything much for you for the last two days. I am sorry God. I have been a complete slug and I am not very proud of myself. 


I suppose, if I felt rested and ready to go as a result of all of this doing nothing, that would be one thing. But I feel more worn out tonight than I did Friday. I am clearly doing something wrong. 


I ask for wisdom and for strength God. I pray that you show me what you want me to do and give me the energy to do it. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak God. I love you God.


What God Said Tonight:
Rest is good and important. I did not ask you to do anything this weekend. I know you need to rest. I know that your strength wanes. That is why I am here for you to lean on. I am your strength. I am what makes it possible for you to do anything in the first place. 


Besides, you know that guilt is not from me. I don't operate in guilt. I will convict you and point out your error so you can make corrections like any good parent. But I will never cause you to feel guilt. That one is not from me. 


I love you daughter and understand that this us a short season of rest is preparing you. You won't always have the luxury of this kind of rest. You will need your strength in the next season. 


When I need you to do something, I will let you know. In the meantime, you should rest and know that you are building a reserve for the next season. I love you too my wonderful daughter and I am with you always.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 32:5
    Then I let it all out; I said, "I'll make a clean breast of my failures to God." Suddenly the pressure was gone— my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The enemy is adapt at making us feel guilty. But we know it is a lie. Angie

    ReplyDelete