Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Turn my brain off...

My prayer:
All knowing God. I wish sometimes that I could turn my brain off. I think that is why I like to run. There comes a point during a good run, where I kind of go somewhere else in my brain and I stop thinking. I am grateful God that you gave me a brain and you made it a nicely ordered logical one...most of the time; but, it would be great if it came with an off switch. 


I keep running the same thoughts, the same worries through my head and it is not getting me anywhere. It is not helping. I want to stop thinking about it, but I haven't been able to. You say worry over nothing and pray over everything. What happens when I pray but then I still worry? Does it mean I am not really trusting you? I think it means that I am not trusting myself. I am worried that I am making wrong choices, getting your will wrong; but then, I think through it and I think that I am following your will. Then, before I know it, I am doubting again and worrying. Ugghh! 


I am 90% confident about what you want me to do and it is what I have begun to do. It is the 10% that won't stop bugging me! What do I need to do differently God? What do I need to learn, understand? How do I get out of this cycle and get back to the peace you give me?


I love and trust God that you have only good plans for me. Please don't let me mess up those plans.


What God Said Tonight:
There is an off switch for your brain. It is activated when you rest in the complete assurance that I am in charge of your life. It is activated when you remember that I will turn all things to your good. It is activated when you remember who I am and how big I am. Get your eyes off of the details for a minute and focus on me. 


Think back a minute to the time last week when you had a glimpse of the beauty of my purity. Just me without all of the trappings. That is the goal in all of this. Just you and me with nothing between us. That is what I desire. 


I will remove anything that tries to come between us. I won't think twice about it. Anything. That means any decision, any person, any spirit, any circumstance that comes between you and me, I will remove it. 


Rest daughter and remember that I have got this. I will guide you always. I will be your guide and we will walk this life together forever. I will never leave you and will never forsake you. I am with you always. 


Stop worrying about what might happen or what could happen and enjoy what is happening. This is a time of celebration and new beginnings and you are going to miss it if you are not careful. You have set your feet upon a path. It is a good one. Now walk it out. I am with you now and forever. I love you daughter. I really do.

2 comments:

  1. as of this day,i am in the midst of worrying..i really hate this kind of feeling "FEAR"..in everything..it's not that i don't trust "HIM" but it's myself i don't really trust..but i know in my heart that i have a big "GOD" and "HE" will not leave and forsake me..I LOVE YOU LORD..

    ReplyDelete