Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Step out into my dreams...

My prayer:
God of peace. God, you have the peace that passes all understanding. I need that peace tonight. I am suppose to be relaxing, taking some down time, but my mind continues to race. I continue to feel on edge. I am wound up so tight, I am not sure how to get unwound. 


God, it would be so much easier to just continue to help make other people's dreams come true instead of trying to step out and realize the dream you gave me. It is so much easier for me to believe in other people's dreams, to believe their dreams will come true. When it is my dream, or more importantly, your dream that you put in me...I start to think, "Who am I to think I can..." I am nobody God. Funny, I can hear you even now saying, "Great! I can work with nobodies! There my favorites!" 


God I want to help see your dream, your vision that you put in me, come to life. Help me God to have the strength, the courage, and the peace to do what you need me to do. Help me to listen to you first and people second. Help me God to do this right.


I love you and I love your dream for me. Just keep reminding me that it really is possible. Keep reminding me that with you all things are possible. Don't give up me God, I can do it, I just need you to keep reminding me right now.


What God Said Tonight:
You don't really need me to remind you, you are reminding yourself. You don't really need me to encourage you, you are encouraging yourself. Just like King David who you love so, you have learned the ability to encourage yourself in my word and that is a skill that will serve you well throughout eternity. 


You know what I have to say on the matter, you said it yourself, all things are possible through Christ. You know that I have a plan for your life and you know it is a good plan. You know that I would not have brought you this far to leave you. You know that I will lead and guide you always. You know that I will never leave you. 


Yes, this next step, this next season is a big one. I am asking you to do things that you have not done before. I am asking you to trust me to put together the plan. I am asking you to get started before the full plan is evident to you. You were ok with that yesterday and now, you worry. Now that you are looking at it against man's plans, you think you should know more than you do. You think you should have it all laid out. If you had it all laid out already then it really would be your plan and not mine. 


I have been leading you and guiding you for long enough now, don't doubt the pattern that we have developed. I show you the big picture in general terms and then I give you next steps. Wait for each step. Trust me to provide each one. We will do this the same way we have done so much together. It is a pattern that works for us. Don't let others influence how you think we should work together. You know me, you know how I work. Trust that. 


I have not given you a spirit of fear or timidity. Especially you. I have given you the courage of a mother lion. There is nothing that you will back down from, especially if it is something that is threatening what you care about. That is part of why you are feeling unease. I am asking you to do some things that go against your nature. Your natural instinct is loyalty and faithfulness no matter what. I need you to recognize in this case, I need your loyalty to me and your faithfulness to me to supersede the loyalty and faithfulness you feel toward others. 


It is hard I know, but I will give you peace. Peace I give to you and peace I leave with you. I will shower you with the peace of my love and the assurance that I am with you every step of the way. Don't neglect our time together. It is more important now than ever. I love you daughter sleep in peace tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Then Nathan said to David, "Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you." But it happened that night that the word of God came to Nathan, saying, "Go and tell My servant David, 'Thus says the Lord: "You shall not build Me a house to dwell in.'" I Chronicles 17:2-4
    Nathan spoke quickly and told David to move ahead with plans to build God a house. We should be careful to distinguish between the word of man and the word of God. Nathan was certainly a great man of God, but in these verses he clearly got ahead of God. He spoke out of his own heart.
    Later that night as he sought God, he learned that God's plan was NOT what he had told David.
    Behold, a son shall be born to you, who shall be a man of rest... I Chronicles 22:9
    God's plans always are fulfilled out of peace and rest. A busied and frenzied spirit cannot carry out God's best plans. Solomon's name means "peace". It is under his rule that the house of God is built.

    ReplyDelete