Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Small act...Great sacrifice...

My prayer:
Hi awesome God! I was realizing something tonight...when Paul was in prison and writing all of those letters to the different churches he had helped to get started, he had no idea that what he was writing would become the bulk of our "New Testament." 


I think that is really true of so many things we do for you. It starts as one simple act of obedience to something that you put on our heart. It starts out with one simple blog entry on a warm June night. It starts with one kind act to someone who doesn't "deserve" it. It starts so small, but then you take it and it becomes something AMAZING! I am still in awe God at how many people you have reached through this blog. And that's just the people I know about. 


That is one of the reasons I am so excited about this next new thing, the Intense Prayer and Worship group. It has all the markings of one of those small acts of obedience that turns into something more amazing than I could ever imagine on my own. I am so excited to see what you do with it!! 


Thank you God for being a God of multiplication. Thank you for taking my small acts and turning them into amazing, life changing events. I love you so much God and I promise I will keep doing the small acts of obedience and waiting in anticipation to see what you do with them!!!


What God Said Tonight:
There really is no small acts of obedience.  You know how I have told you there is no difference to me between sins? All sin is the same to me. I hate it all. Similarly, all acts of obedience to me are the same. There is no small act or large act. 


There are some that require more sacrifice, but sometimes the act that seems so small is the one with the biggest sacrifice. Remember the widow's mite. She gave less than anyone but it was all that she had. Her gift was the smallest but her sacrifice was the greatest. I look at the sacrifice and I place value on that. 


What are you willing to give up for me? What are you not willing to give up for me? Anything in the second column, anything you are not willing to give up is something that has the potential of leading you down the wrong track. I won't always ask you to sacrifice it, but I need to know and you need to know that you would be willing to if I asked. 


It is like Abraham and Isaac. I never would have allowed him to sacrifice Isaac. Isaac was the future of my people. But I had to know that Abraham was willing to sacrifice everything for me so I could know that nothing would stand in the way of what we needed to do. 


I love you daughter and I gave up everything for you. If we are going to have the relationship I intended, I need to know you could give up everything for me. I don't want you to answer me now. I need you to really think about this. I don't want the pat religious answer where you glibly say you would give anything for me, knowing that I won't ask you to give everything. I need you to really think about it. We will talk more later when you are ready but think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment