Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hurricanes and tornadoes....

My prayer:
Amazing and incredible God of the universe. I love you. One day with you is better than a lifetime without you. I am constantly in awe of your love and your power in my life. 


God, to look out over the mountain ranges today on our hike, to see what you created and what you have allowed me to share with you...it leaves me speechless. I want to soar like the eagles so I can see more of your world that you created.  I want to swim like a dolphin so I can experience everything that you have made.  I want to climb the highest mountain to see what you did there.  I want to go into the deepest cave to see what you did there.  I want to see everything you have created God.  


It is all so wonderful and miraculous.  You have created millions of animals, more plants than I can imagine, rocks, air, water and us. There is so much in this world to experience and appreciate God.  I want to see it all.  I want to see everything you created. 


I love you. I am impressed by you.  I am in awe of you. You have my undying respect and faithfulness.  I am yours forever God. 


What God Said Tonight:
I have built this world for you.  For all of my children.  It is meant to be a home and a fortress for you. It is meant to be a place where you can live and be safe. It is meant to be a place for you to tend and take care of.  It is meant as your first home. 


It's initial intention has been somewhat sidetracked by sin.  It will fulfill its purpose someday, just like you will fulfill your purpose someday.  It should be no less esteemed because it has not completed its journey yet.  


The same is true for you.  You are not complete yet.  You are not who you think you should be or who you want to be.  You look at yourself and you see all the places where you fall short.  It would be like the world looking at itself and only seeing the failures or damage, not recognizing the beauty that is also there.  It is like the world only seeing the hurricanes and tornadoes instead of seeing the millions of days with beautiful weather.  That is how you are looking at yourself right now.  You only see the tornadoes and the hurricanes in you and you are missing the beauty.  


I appreciate that you want to be better and as I say, you are not finished yet.  You have a lot to do and a lot to become.  But in the meantime, do not despise yourself for the tornadoes and hurricanes, but see the beauty that is in you.  


When you looked at the earth today, you saw the beauty.  There were flaws and marred areas that you saw as well, but you didn't concentrate on them or even really notice them because you were determined to see the beauty.  I need you to do that with yourself sometimes.  I need you to look at yourself and be determined to see the beauty and not the flaws.  You will be amazed at how it helps.  


I love you daughter, hurricanes, tornadoes and all.  I love you like you are and I love who you  are becoming.  I love YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I needed to read this this morning. Thank you so much for your thoughts and words as you speak to the Lord. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete