Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Self worth...

My prayer:
My amazing God.  Father, it is so easy for me to get caught up in what people think of me.  I know that I shouldn't care what people think about me, that it is only what you think of me that really counts.  I know that in my head but I forget it sometimes in my heart. 

I get so tied up in making people happy and judging my worth based on what they think.  It is a loser's game.  I know that looking in the mirror that other people provide will always end badly.  I pray and ask God that you help me exchange the mirror of other people's opinions with the mirror of who you say that I am. 

I know that I am nothing without you.  But with you, I am that royal priesthood, the head and not the tail, above and not beneath, more precious than gold or rubies.  Help me God to remember what you think of me and who I am in you. 

Help me to see the true reflection.  And God, where there are things in me that I need to change, show me those too.  Show me what you want me to change so I can be a better reflection of you. Show me where there is pride, fear, unforgiveness and anything else that you don't like.  Purify me God and make me what and who you need me to be.  I am all yours God.  Thank you for hearing me tonight.

What God Said Tonight:
What a great prayer and what an easy request to grant. You my daughter are all of those things through me and more.  You are so precious to me I cannot express it to you in this world.  My love for you transcends your ability to experience it.  You are perfect in the covering of my blood. 

Are there things that we can change that will make this life easier on you and allow us to do more while you are still on the earth? Absolutely. We will continue to work on those things.

The self esteem issues that you are struggling with tonight have a root of pride to them.  You were beat down for many years and had to learn to fight for your own self worth.  Now you feel like you still have to fight to prove your worth. You don't.  You have your worth in me now. You don't have to fight to make yourself or others believe it.  You can rest knowing that your worth is solid and cannot be challenged. Once you can truly accept that, you won't worry so much about what others think.  Freedom from that worry will allow you to truly grow and advance. 

Once you don't have to prove your worth, you will find yourself doing more and achieving more than you ever thought was possible.  Once you stop putting energy into proving your worth, you will have so much extra energy to accomplish things that really matter.  You will have more to give to me, to my people.  You will have more left for yourself. 

I love you daughter.  Just as you are, I love you.  I also love that you want to continue to grow.  Without growth there is death. And you my girl have everlasting life.  Grow, live, thrive and I will be with you every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN... SUCH A WONDERFUL MESSAGE TONIGHT.... PRAISE THE LORD...

    ReplyDelete