Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Maturity...

My prayer:
Hi Dad!  Thanks for today! 

The next couple days seem a little overwhelming if I think too much about it.  So much work and three days to get it done.  God I will seriously need your help.  I love you God and I am so grateful that you help me with the big stuff and the little stuff.  God thank you for getting it all done. 

Someone asked me the other day how I do it all and I told them, I pray a lot!  And that is really it God.  It is all you.  I couldn't manage half of the work, ministry, relationships if I was trying to do it on my own.  But you seem to figure it all out and give me each new thing so everything that needs to get done gets done. 

I ask you God to that again this week.  God I pray and ask that you make me effective.  I pray God that you make me successful.  I thank you God that you bless the work of my hands.  And God, in the middle of the potential craziness, help me to remember to be a blessing to the people around me.  Help me God to remember that the people are the reason behind it all.  Help me to remember that you are the purpose and the people are the reason.  I love you God.  Thank you for your help.  With you, all things really are possible.

What God Said Tonight:
You will be effective and you will be a blessing.  You are starting from the right place and I will help you. 

You haven't been asking for help much lately.  Not for the day-to-day stuff.  Please remember that I love you and I want to help you with all the areas of you life.  I want to be there for you in every struggle and challenge.  I want to help you.  But you do need to ask.

You do need to rely on me.  When you try to handle it yourself, you are trying to show that you have matured.  But true maturity in me means becoming like a child again with complete reliance and dependence on me. 

You will still have a lot to do.  I want you to be a part of what I am doing.  You have been given gifts that I want to use in the kingdom, but always remember that you need my help.  Always remember to start each day, each hour, each minute with the call of help and reliance on me. 

Let me be your strong tower.  Let me be your safe place.  Let me be the author and finisher of your faith.  Let me be your daddy. 

You don't have to be independent to be mature.  The thing is, the more dependent you are on me, the more mature you are in Christ.  Lean on me, depend on me, trust me and you will accomplish all that you have dreamed of and more.  There are many paradoxes in the kingdom of God and this is one of them.  To grow up in Christ you must be dependent like a child. 

It's time to rest now.  You will need energy this week  It won't be as crazy as you think but you will need to be rested.  I love you so much.  Let me be your rock.

1 comment: